Thursday, May 22, 2008

Dr. Dre


Weather: pretty nice. Mood: Over school...

Music has changed a ton over the last 100 years. The type of music produced and listened to is the most notable of changes. Music started out with not many selections to listen to. But development and evolution would help create new music and separate audiences. Jazz, Big Band, Blues, Country, and Rock are just a few genres that have participated in the evolution of music. Also the way people have obtained music has evolved as well. From a Phonograph to Cd's and now to MP3 players. The source always seems to be changing.The last change that I would like to note is how censorship has loosened up to give artists and listeners much more freedom in music. I believe you can thank Al Gore for the parental advisory sticker on a CD you may have purchased. For all the things that have changed in music, there are still some constants. Like how people jack other artists for their creative work. Elvis did it for the song Hound Dog. This is very present in Hip Hop nowadays. Also what people get out of music has also stayed the same. Whether its a good vibe or bad, music always seems to bring some kind of emotion out of the listener. Music plays a great role in my life. It can change the mood I'm in or flat out help me relax. The best way I can describe music is that it's the soundtrack to life. I myself can't wait until Dr. Dre releases his new album. I usually download music illeagally, but I plan on purchasing his upcoming Cd. I have posted a link to my sidebar on a short article confirming the release of his new Cd, Detox. The article also states that this will be his last album. I hope he goes out with a hit record. Alright, tired of bloggin'. Over and out.

No comments: